Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the beaches


After many months of the late summer and now deep into autumn, I return to attempt to share what goes on in this corner of the world, at least my experience of it. I am moved to start up again after seeing a wonderful documentary by Agnes Varda on her life and work as a film maker...it is a moving and insightful look at the making of cinema and a playful encounter with agnes and the players in her life. It is making the rounds, and I believe it is part of the upcoming Copenhagen International Documentary Film Festival (aka CPH:DOX), 6-15 Nov. The film is titled Les Plages d'Agnes (The Beaches of Agnes)...Highly recommended!!

2 comments:

Pamela Robertson-Pearce said...

I have been looking forward to seeing that film for a few weeks now. I love Agnes Varda's work, in fact when I was a student in London I met her at the London Film Festival. Her film the Gleaners has been a great inspiration to me in my own work.
Thank you for posting!

autumnleaf said...

Her humanity and joy of life came across so strongly, and reminded me of you and your path as an artist.